Many Filipinos are hungry for books. They actually feast on them every time there are book sales, book signings and
And a few days ago, thousands of readers trooped to the World Trade Center in Pasay City to splurge on books sold by Big Bad Wolf.
Ikalawang taon na sa Pilipinas ng Big Bad Wolf Sale.
This year, it officially started last Friday and will last until March 4. Ang nakakatuwa dito ay 24 oras bukas ang World Trade Center for all book lovers. And the most important part? LIBRE ang admission.
How sulit is the sale? Around two million books are sold with discounts. From 50 percent up to 90 percent!
We were lucky enough to get VIP passes, and had the privileged to cover the launch and enjoy the shopping before the doors are opened officially to the public the next day.
Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is considered as the world’s biggest booksale that started in 2009 in Malaysia.
Ito ang brainchild ng BookXcess founders na sina Andrew Yap and Jacqueline Ng.
Pitong countries na sa Asia ang naikot nila at isa na nga dun ang Pilipinas. Bukod sa Manila, nakarating na rin ang Big Bad Wolf sa Cebu at Davao.
In an interview with Ng, sinabi nito na mas maraming libro ang kanilang dinala ngayon this year dahil nga noong nakaraang taon ay kinapos sila.
According to her, they did not expect the demand. Nagkaroon pa nga ng shortage kung saan sold out ang ilang titles last year. Hopefully, this year ay they brought enough for the crowd.
Kids will also be treated to one of the sales highlights in: The AR or augmented reality books kung saan connected sa mobile device ang ilang titles under Little Hippo books which they happily demonstrated for us.
Expect na napakaraming tao ang dudumog sa sale. So, you better get yourself ready, and your wallet, too!
Looking around would take at least three to four hourse, or depends on how drawn will you be once you get there.
After mong makapili ng mga libro, you will find rows of cashiers waiting for you. Kaya hindi rin ikaw magtatagal sa pila.
Kung napagod ka at nagutom ater long hours of book shopping, merong mga food stalls na naghihintay sa iyo sa labas.
Rice meals are priced at around P120 at hindi na rin masama ang dami ng servings.
Prizes while you shop
Magkakaron din ng daily contest ang Big Bad Wolf sa 11 days nitong pagbebenta.
Sa loob ng 11 araw, shoppers are encouraged to take photos and post their best and artful pictures of their book stash on Facebook or Instagram with caption using the hashtags #IAMATBBWMANILA19 and #THISISFROMBBWMANILA19.
Daily winners will get P700 discount voucher and a chance to qualify for the grand prize na bookshelf worth of books.
Big Bad Wolf Sale
tips and tricks
1. Get a cart/s. Sa dami ng books na gusto mong iuwi o bilhin, maiging ilagay sa cart kaysa hawak-hawak mo. Trust me, you don’t want to test yourself how long can you hold on to a stack of books for a day.
2. Bring friends. Why? Another pair of eyes will help you sa mga books na gusto mong mahanap.
3. Don’t bring food and/or drinks. Bawal yan sa loob.
4. Take advantage of the book baggage area. May part ng store kung saan pwede mong ipatabi saglit ang mga books na plano mong bilhin. Look around, grab what you want, take them to the baggage area, eat and recharge then dive back in again.
5. Just keep getting books. Kung may fixed budget ka lang, you can sort them out later. This saves time so hindi mo na kailangan bumalik pa if you suddenly decided you want that title. Your legs will thank you for it.
6. Be sure you have a large eco bag. Meron naman silang plastic bag (eco friendly) for your stash. Pero eco bags are more sturdy at nakatulong ka pa sa environment!
7. When in doubt, get help. Big Bad Wolf attendants are all around, ready to assist you.
8. Wear comfy shoes and dress. Wag ka nang pumunta nang kontodo bihis. Sa haba ng oras ng itatayo at ilalakad mo, maigi na kumportable ang suot mong damit at sapatos.